1914 Jubilee Exhibition, and Vigeland's sculpture arrangement was constructed from the 1920s. 6 7 Contents History edit Frogner Park's front gate In the middle of the 18th century Hans Jacob Scheel, then owner of the Frogner Manor, laid out a baroque garden adjacent to his new manor house.
Frognerseteren derive their names from Frogner Manor. These people has nothing to do with the. The Vigeland installation's granite and wrought iron Main Gate also serves as the eastern entrance to Frogner Park from Kirkeveien. The design process took ten months, and it is supposed that Vigeland used sketches drafted in 1919. The Bridge forms a 100 metre (328 ft)-long, 15 metre (49 ft)-wide connection between the Main Gate and the Fountain, lined with 58 sculptures, including one of the park's more popular statues, Angry Boy ( Sinnataggen ). 13 In the autumn of 1927 a block of granite weighing several hundred tons was delivered to the park from a quarry in Halden. Mette and Christian were responsive, friendly and helpful. Outside the manor buildings, there is also a caf opened in 1918 (Frogner Park Caf) and a restaurant opened in 1960 ( Herregrdskroen, "the Manor House Restaurant. 8 9 The municipal government subsequently decided that Gustav Vigeland's fountain and all his monuments and statues should be placed in the park.